Sunday, September 21, 2008

I feel like we are definately making progress. We are slowly but surely working our way through the front cross exercises and have now made a start on push throughs. We hit a bit of a snag with the 270 front cross but I think he's starting to get it now. I just had to break it down a bit as he wasn't grasping where he needed to be coming around on my outside arm. Push throughs are pretty straight forward and he's managed those exercises with no problems at all. I think we can start pull throughs this week and get to the last front cross drill. As his confidence grows I'm seeing him put in more and more bounce jumps which is cool. He is extremely light on his feet with his jumping work and is incredibley athletic.

We finally managed to get onto a lowered A-Frame last week and he was running over it very happily. I've ended up with a nose touch on the end which I hadn't intended on training but it has actually worked quite well and has really helped to develop indepenance as he drives into 2o2o. At the end of the day I don't want him looking at me I just want him going straight to his 2o2o position so I'm very happy with how it's going. I think we'll stay on this height at least for another few weeks before raising the height any further.

The dog walk is definately a slow work in progress! He is running the puppy dog walk really well but he is quite unsure when he's on the full size one. His 2o2o is great, no problems there at all. So will just keep on letting him play on the full size one and hopefully his confidence will grow when he's ready.

I think I will be brave enough to try the weavers in the next couple of weeks...

I really can't wait to see him when he's fully confident in agility. Some of the stuff he does around the house with no thought to any sort of caution blows my mind. Colin and I just look at each other and shake our heads. If I can harness that in agility I will be very happy!

No comments: