Monday, December 1, 2008

Highs and lows



The highs and lows of agility training continues! I was laughing with one of the girls at an agility trial last weekend about how humbling dog training can be. Some nights I'll go to training and it will feel like Sonic and I can do no wrong. Every jump drill is spot on, weaving exercises go really well and contact training is driven and accurate. I come home thinking about how ready he is to start trialling the minute he turns eighteen months old. Then the flip side, when we have nights that nothing goes right. Last week being a prime example when Sonic and I could not even manage one of the most basic double box grid exercises. I went home thinking that we may be able to manage a novice jumping course by the time he is about five years old...

No comments: