Monday, August 26, 2013

Having some serious fun!

I don't know if it's possible for me to be enjoying agility any more than I am right now.   Sonic is sound and running well for the first time in, well I have to say years.  He's had moments of soundness of course during that time but to see him powering around the course on the weekend made me realise just how much I've missed him and how long it's been.  I've even noticed a change in him at home.  He's become a lot more social and comes to visit Colin and I during the evening which he hasn't really done for a long time.  He just seems overall happier in himself.  Which of course makes me happy :-)  We still have some handling tweaks to iron out but that will come when we get the feel for each other again.

Then of course we have Cassie my beautiful super charged papillon.  In the last two weeks she has achieved her first two Novice Agility passes.  It feels like things have really clicked with her and her confidence grows with each run.  She is just getting faster and faster.  The look of determination on her face as she charges around the course is priceless.  She has had two runs in the Excellent Jumping class both of which were pretty good and only minor mistakes.  I suspect that some clear runs won't be too far away.  I really can't wait until we have some other 200 height dogs to compete against!  I've entered Cassie in the ADAA trial before the Royal Show.  We are only doing jumping as I'm not ready to put her on different equipment when she is only just getting confident on the ANKC stuff.  I've entered her in Mini for the Combined classes as there is no way I'm running her on 150mm height jumps.  So with a bit of luck we may have some other little dogs to compete against for a change!  Then of course the Royal Show is just around the corner and I can't wait for Cassie to compete in her first one.  I'm sure the crowd will love her.

Here are the video's from the Dogs West Fundraiser trial last weekend.  Thanks to Nikki and Tracey for stepping in and helping with the videoing :-)


No comments: