Sunday, March 17, 2013

Attempt Two

The weekend saw Cassie and I hit the ring again in our second novice jumping run.  Unfortunately not a clear round but pretty damn close with only a refusal at the tunnel.  I had finished Sonic's runs for the evening so it was nice to be able to totally focus on her and get my "papillon handling skills" embedded in my head!  That part of it went pretty well.  As she was approaching the spread I could see that she was a bit hesitant so I really had to push her to commit.  It was after the spread that she went to the side of the tunnel (and over the ring rope).  She seemed to relax a bit more after that and had a lovely run home.  So again I was really happy with the run and as with all baby dogs each one will only bring more confidence to her.  I can't wait until I can just run and know that she has the confidence to take what's in front of her.  Next up I have entered her in agility and jumping at the Cloverdale trial on 4th April.  That gives me another three weeks to finish off her A-Frame training.  When she does the full height A-Frame she skies it every time but there are legs flying everywhere so it would be nice for her to get a bit more control over what she's doing so she can make better decisions about her body.  Doing her first agility run I think will be one hell of an adventure!



Sonic was a very good boy at the trial with his first double Q of the year.  I'm still working on getting his body back to full capacity.  I thought he looked nice and powerful but I'm a bit concerned that he's not jumping quite right.  Hugely happy with the way he's handling though and hopefully if I can keep him sound we'll have a good trialling year.   He certainly enjoyed himself.


No comments: